Saturday, June 28

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.

(don't ask, it's just what I'm listening to. Not all subject lines can be witty.)

I realized I didn't post any of photos from my weekend. The answer is simple - I use my phone, and I only take photos when they are really funny or relevant. So here you go:



1. My new work on my arm/elbow. Thanks LL Cool G.


2. Me being sad to leave my big comfy bed. I mean, I was REALLY sad. I delayed check-out by an hour just to lay there a little more and eat my toast in peace. I will miss you, large squishy bed with white sheets that I got ink marks all over. We will meet again someday, perhaps...


3. Has anyone seen these??? I saw them at a 7-11 in Massapequa and just HAD to buy them. I will soon trick one of my roommates to eat them. Crabby patties...crabby chips....what's next, crabby soda? Blecch.


4. This is what the Melville Dunkin Donuts considers an iced coffee extra light, extra sweet. You fail, Melville DD. I should report you to the Better Business Bureau, as you are disgracing the name of Dunkin Donuts everywhere. What a shame. At least I didn't have to pay for it, but I didn't want them to even attempt a second time.


5. My milk and sugar on the rocks, next to a REAL iced coffee extra light extra sweet. After that first abomination, I decided to wait until I crossed the CT border to take another chance. Thank you, Paul Newman! I hope you donate the profits from my coffee purchase to charity. Nothing but love for that guy.

I failed to photograph my cornucopia of room service food.
-a cobb salad (lettuce, hard boiled egg, tomato, chicken, bacon, avocado, crumbled bleu cheese) served to me completely disassembled. A little frustrating but good at the same time so I could pull the tomatoes off with one swift move. This came with fries. Odd.
-Open-face sammich. Turkey, swiss, bacon, avocado and lettuce. It had some sort of dressing on it too, but it was easily scraped off. Oh and it was supposed to come with sprouts but I said "no way." This also came with fries. These fries smelled and tasted like chinese food. I had to put those in the hallway right away so I wouldn't throw up.
-eggs benedict. My ultimate breakfast. A poached egg with canadian bacon on half an english muffin, topped with hollandaise sauce. Yummers. I also had a side of toast that I didn't think I would want until I was lying in bed (just like Brian Wilson did). I really wanted coffee at that point but I didn't trust the machine in the room OR the hotel room service coffee. Stupid Dunkin had me in a trance. Little did I know...

On top of all that delicious overpriced food, I also bought 2 large pies (one plain cheese, one white pizza), ate 2 slices and took the rest home to enjoy and not share.

I really like food.

Now it's Saturday night and feels like a Monday afternoon. I think I'll stay in bed and watch some movies while the house has its usual Saturday night excitement. I'm still really tired. Stupid driving machine.

No comments: