Thursday, June 19

What a busy day of nothing...

Just made myself some dinner (Radiatori pasta, some random sauce I had left over, and grated pecorino) and now while I wait for Tiff to be ready, I will make a list of ideal (but not essential) qualities in the next person I date.

-taller than me. No budging on this one. I'm all set with my height but I like feeling tiny when I'm around someone and knowing I can fall asleep with my knees in the back of their upper thighs. It's hard to explain, but it's very comfortable. Also feeling the presence of someone on your spine is very reassuring.

-Horror movies. Don't get me wrong, no guy is going to openly hate Friday the 13th, but I need someone who will put up with me watching parts 1 thru 8 on a monthly basis. And being terrified and hiding my face, asking when it's safe to look. I even like to be tricked and uncovering my eyes only to see half of someone's brain oozing out. Sometimes.

-Food. If you don't like food, what are you doing even associating with me? Waste of space. But beyond that, I need someone who will keep an eye out for my moronic allergies and warn me if I may die from what I just ordered off a menu. And I like to sneak things I'm allergic to as well. Don't ask me why, I just do.

-Drugs are bad, mmmmkay? I live with them and I can tolerate them, but I'll be damned if I start any sort of emotional connection to someone who would rather smoke a bowl than read a book.

-Cleanliness is next to godliness. I've been spoiled and all the men in my life have bathed daily, sometimes more than once a day. Not a bad habit, folks...

-Most importantly, I want someone who makes me want to be a better person. I don't need a "fixer-upper" guy who I see a bunch of flaws in but tell myself "it's ok, he's really nice...let's forget the seedy underhanded things that he does to pay his rent" etc. I want someone who has his shit together and will kick my ass into gear.


So - need and want are two different things. If the right moment came along, I could probably create a new list completely different from this one. But right now, this is what I feel that I need. Not want, but need.

Except the allergy thing. Try to keep me alive if you want to date me, please? thx.

No comments: