Saturday, June 28

home again, home again. jiggity jog.

After a 5 hour drive, I am back in the big city. I walked into the apartment to be greeted by a horrible stink. Aaaahhh trash. It's great to be home. Mmm. I fed the kids and lit some candles to get the stinky out of MY room (that's what I get for leaving the door open I suppose?) and checked my Gmail. Anyone who knows me knows that I screen all calls and emails and I assume that anything and anyone offering me a job is a scam. I HAVE had offers from "staffing agencies" to add my resume to their database and be given full access to their plethora of available positions, only to find out that I will have to PAY to do this. No dice.

So I had 3 emails I barely looked at with job positions in their subject line, and I decided to archive them after a second check. The first two were indeed junk, simply saying "thank you for submitting your resume, this is the last you will ever hear from us." But the third...it was an actual person! No robots! And they want to meet with me to discuss a job!! So I investigated the company and it's actually a really upscale store on Newbury Street, doing their books and billing. I wish I had looked at this one a little more carefully, they emailed me on Tuesday and I just replied today. Nuts. But either way they LIKED ME!

Maybe Boston will work out after all. Maybe. If I get this job, then I will be meeting my deadline of July 31 and I will be able to save and get my own non-stinky apartment.

Sigh. We can only hope, right?

HOWEVER - I refuse to tell anyone what the store is because I think I jinxed my last interview.

Now I will go take a nap and dream of a new job and wake up to eat delicious NY pizza that I smuggled home.

No comments: