Tuesday, August 22

TV has power over me.

Last night I was watching "Wife Swap" on ABC, mainly because all my favorite shows were repeats (How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, New Adventures of Old Christine). Watching people living in filth/immaculate houses motivated me to clean. Up until that point, I had been eating frosting from the can, contemplating baking a cake but then realizing I wouldn't have enough frosting. I do have 4 or 5 cans, but this one will be for snacking, I suppose. So on to the land of cleaning.. First, I did all the dishes, and scrubbed the stove. THen I moved on to the bathroom, where I:
-scrubbed the floor - first with a swiffer, then on my hands and knees with clorox bleach wipes, then with clorox spray and a sponge.
-scrubbed the toilet, all over, inside and out.
-cleaned the mirror, sink, walls and sides of the shower stall with clorox wipes/windex
-scrubbed the tub with clorox and scrubbing bubbles, then a sponge and water (that took 45 minutes easy).
-boiled my toothbrush and microwaved my sponges.

it may seem a little much, but cleaning is very satisfying. I like to be able to sit back and look at my space and know its MINE and it's clean.

No comments: