Wednesday, August 9

Ain't no cure for the summertime blues.

I am ridiculously addicted to infomercials, but I'm very particular about which ones to watch. For example, anything telling me how many pant sizes I can drop in 3 weeks - swiftly aborted. But if I see a blast from the past celebrity telling me how much he enjoys his 10-disc collection of country hits, or that jolly chubby grandma cooking up magical creations using cherry coke, snickers bars or biscuits...I am enthralled. I never actually buy any of the items, minus the bun-and-thigh-max, which I broke and threw away. Maybe that's why I hate the exercise commercials? But I have busied myself over the past 2 workdays (read: wasted time) by downloading over 150 doo wop hits, putting them in order as they would appear on this 10-disc set.

Is that normal? Am I being clever and thrifty? Do I just hate my job THAT much?

Either way, I like to listen to Little GTO while I plot my commute home. After yesterday's traffic jam, I need a back-up plan. And a pack of smokes.

No comments: