Monday, August 7

she gave me a pen.

Tonight, Floof and I are watching Say anything to put us to sleep. I can't figure out why, there aren't many pleasant aspects of the movie no matter how hard I dissect it. Lloyd has overwhelming confidence to make up for his lack of positive adults in his life...no parents present, his sister resents him being home, his guidance counselor asks him to sign up for college...at a kegger. No matter how cheery, upbeat and optimistic Lloyd is, I just know that within 45 minutes, he will have his heart ripped out and turn to the jokes of his graduating class for the answers.

Floof seems to enjoy the movie, or maybe just that I've relocated into the bedroom, so she can lay on me and get full air-conditioned blasts as she dreams of a day without 90 degree weather. I might wake her up to change to something with a better message for our youth. Muppet Treasure Island, for example. I even got my mom to cave and watch that with me on the plane once, so that says a lot about a film.

No comments: