Monday, August 21

didn't I just see a commercial for that...?

Hollywoodland vs. Black Dahlia. I saw these commercials tonight, and I can't figure out which is which until nearly the end. Doesn't anyone remember what happens when the same movie is released at the same time? Those Katie Holmes vs. Mandy Moore (maybe?) "I'm the president's daughter" movies...does anyone remember EITHER of those movies? And there was a point where everything that came out needed to be romantic and shakespeare-an. Bleh. I'm glad I missed all of them too.


On other notes. Remember when all we needed in life was $3 to get a cookie from the mall, and to get one of our parents to drive us there and a friend's parents to pick us up? And maybe another $2 to spend at the candy store. Nothing really vital to focus on, bills were some weird scary thing that parents kept filed away in their important area...the area you didn't even WANT to look around in, it didn't catch your interest at all. Sure, we could wear the same shirt to school and to sleep in and to play in the woods and everything else. Mine was my Columbia hoodie, and the photos exists somewhere to prove it.

Mondays and Wednesdays were my night to do the dishes. Sometimes I would make tacos, but more often than not I would burn the shells. Whoops! Napping on the couch was cute, not lazy. I was always a fan of lounging on the floor next to the heater.

I don't wish I was 5 or 15. 20 was fun, but 9 and 10 were so ideal. TV and a strict bedtime. Where's MY wayback machine?

No comments: