Monday, August 28

Maybe I'll catch fire.

Haven't updated in a few days, so let's recap the past weekend.

Thursday:
I went to work, came home and took a nap. Woke up, took a shower and took the T to the Arlington stop. This might seem like no big deal to you, but I have NEVER taken the T by myself except for going home from school, which is 3 stops away. and free. Never have I had to pay money to get onto a train all by myself, locate a seat, and navigate my way to a destination I've never been to. Needless to say, I had a hot panic attack while on the train, riding backwards. Having to run to catch the train and having dumbass Kris calling every 5 minutes didn't help matters much. I get off at the stop I was assigned to, try to call Andy but my phone gets no service so I start freaking out and walking 50 feet in one direction, turning around and going back to my first location. Eventually I saw Andy (sort of, since I didn't have glasses on) and we headed to a bar called the Rattlesnake. After getting in a battle of wits with the bartender and losing (she didn't appreciate me asking for a Bud Light, since they "don't serve ANY Budweiser products."), I ordered a High Life for an astronomical $4 and socialized with grad school students. Even though most of them were younger than me, I didn't feel like I was their peer at all, it was awkward, but I had Andy there to keep everything copasetic. We kept drinking until it started to rain (we were on a patio/porch area, so the rain was very noticable), at which point I was informed that we were going to have to walk home because the trains had stopped running for the night. Walk. In the rain. 3+ miles. I have never been more glad to be wearing sneakers and having a friend for a neighbor. I got to see the reflective pool at the Christian Science Center for the first time, and even with the wind and rain, it was pretty spectacular.



Made it home by 3am, worked Friday, slept through Friday night. Then came...

Saturday:
I woke up with noon with no real intention of going anywhere before 8am, when I had two different invitations in two different directions. I checked my email, and to my pleasant surprise, James (home from Japan) was heading to the Fearless Vampire Killers show in Revere at 2pm! I hustled my ass into the shower, picked out a specatcular wardrobe (aka jeans and a tanktop) and rushed up to Revere. Upon arrival, I was informed that the bar was closed, so I sent good ol' Garvey to the liquor store. He did not disappoint, returning with a six-pack of High Life tall boys. Best $6 of the day. Eventually the bar opened up, and I blew $50 before I realized that I hadn't saved and money for gas the next week. Stoli Raz and grenadine proceeded to kick my ass as I heckled bands and wandered around. While outside, I heard the Clockwork Orange intro, threw my purse at the bartender and proceeded to smash everything in way. I took off my flip flops, punched people in the head, and somehow made it back to my car in one piece. After getting home and SWEARING to myself that I was headed to Pete's for his party or to Providence for Suicide Saturday, I passed out and came to at 11:30. Wandered around in jammies, talked to Jackie and Michael, and Kris called me to ask for something. Not sure what, but I got angry and yelled at him for calling me a bitch. Who knows where that conversation went or how it was ended. I promised Jackie and Michael that I would take them with me to my parents' house the next day for Mary's birthday party, but that they needed to wake me up at 9am. Which brings us to...

Sunday:
9am came and went, and I didn't wake up to Jackie's calls or her knocking on the door. Around noon, I woke up and wandered around, decided my hand was officially broken, and called my parents and lied my ass off. Told them I had been to the hospital and it hurt too much to go anywhere, sorry to miss the party. And I went back inside and sat on my butt all day. Watched Jersey Girl and Someone Like You. Both made me sob. I ignored my phone and tried to not talk to the neighbors. Doug wanted to hang out, I wanted to stay inside and weep. Plus my hand was still killing me, and my feet were starting to ache as well. Around 8pm or so, Peter decided to hang out, so I showered and cleaned up a bit for him. When he showed up, my heart just ached, it made me realize how long it's been since I sw him. But of course I was an emotional omlette at that point from bawling at chick flicks (very unlike me, by the way). So I made him sit with me and watch the Emmys as we discussed fashion choices, good television shows and tattoos. I do love that boy, he knows how to make me feel normal when my world seems turned upside down. Of course, I can tell he's about to jump into his seasonal slump so I might as well frame a photo of him and say "see you in April".

I think that sums it up. My life isn't as exciting as I remember it to be.

No comments: