Thursday, August 17

A recap of my Wednesday.

Last night, I got home around 6:15pm, as per the usual. I grabbed my mail, came inside and greeted Floof, gave her some dinner, and threw on my jammy pants. Within 15 minutes, Michael (next door neighbor, courier, decent guy) knocked on my door, as he typically does. Michael is only 20 and relies on me for a steady supply of alcohol. He explained to me that Jackie, his girlfriend, had the keys and he was locked out until 8pm when she got home. They only own one set of keys, so this happens to one of them daily. I sat back down and watched some telly, as he ran up to Doug's apartment (Doug lives above me and is alright at times, Lissa doesn't believe that he exists). Michael asked Doug to get him a 40, and paid for it in nickels and dimes. Meanwhile, I was sitting inside, looking on craigslist for a nice couch. (and I found one, I think!)

Michael and Doug came back an hour or so later, and Michael poured himself a shot of tequila and a shot of Jameson. At that point, Doug started up the grill so I headed up there. Michael came up with a GLASS full of Jameson. Jackie came home, I told her to come sit with us. Michael went downstairs, came back with a BUTCHER KNIFE and started THROWING IT. I distracted him by sending him to get cigarettes, as I hid the knife in Doug's sink under some dishes. He came back with smokes and ANOTHER glass of Jameson, and said to me "thanks for the iced tea" to which I responded "I don't have iced tea."

He stormed off and I realized it was 8pm, time for Rock Star Supernova!!! So I went down and told Doug to come back with burgers so we could watch TV together. Jackie sat with us, but left to go to her apt and came back 30 or so minutes later, crying, saying he locked the door, but she had the keys so she opened it, he had pushed ALL THE FURNITURE against the door so she couldn't get in. So we sat in my apt. and she went back in 45 minutes or so. Jackie then came back sobbing, saying he stole the wheel off the bike she JUST bought the day before. He totally trashed the apt too...broke EVERYTHING, threw makeup all over the walls, ripped all their clothes, broke her digicam. But he didn't take his phone or his bag, just left with a bike wheel.

So she was sobbing, and I started cleaning. She called Michael's mom and told her, we finished cleaning and drank a beer on the porch, then Michael's mom called. Apparently he went over there, demanded her car so he could go to Stop & Shop (he told me earlier he wanted to rob them but needed a getaway car), she said no. He asked for money and she said no. He said he was going to go sleep in the train station, but passed out on the porch, woke up and stormed off. Then he came back home without the bike wheel. He was crying and I started screaming at him to go back to his mom's. Finally, I decided to go to bed after Jackie refused to sleep at my place.

At this point, I don't want him living there at ALL. They both move out on the 31st, so that's 2 more weeks. But I think he needs to go sleep it off at mamma's from now on.

Welcome to Boston.

No comments: