Wednesday, August 12

The (presumably) grody adventure of the (soon-to-be-launched) cleanse - PREFACE

As most of you may know, I've lost an assload of weight over the last year- literally. Unfortunately, as many people do, I plateaued after losing a little over 40 lbs. After trying not to dwell on this, I decided to take some action. I did some reading and investigating and decided to try out a cleanse/detox Gwyneth Paltrow does a few times a year. I like this program because 1. it only lasts a week and 2. I can actually EAT while on the program. (check it out here http://www.goop.com/newsletter/15/ ).

My game plan is to buy all the required ingredients Friday PM, start the concoctions that night and Saturday AM that the ball rolling. Along with the GOOP plan, I will be replacing her suggested herbal tea with Arbonne Detox tea and adding 32oz of Arbonne's 7-day detox drops to my daily water consumption. So far here are my observations:

-This seems like an expensive endeavor. By my calculations, I will be spending $120 on food, $30 on whey protein and ProGreens (blecch!) and $40 to get a juicer. However, I have become quite thrifty in my meal planning ways, so $190 may be the norm for a week's groceries for most people. It averages out to $9.05 a meal.

-Over 40 ingredients. I know it says "cleanse", but come on, Gwyn! Luckily I have a complete schedule for hour-by-hour meals, drinks, etc. so I will be able to (hopefully) prepare things the night before.

-Any time I mention "cleanse" to someone, they instantly want to know when I expect my bowels to give out. Hopefully this won't be too err...messy, but only time will tell.

I plan on blogging on my daily menus, progress, weight loss, health and general well-being feeling. Hopefully I last the full week, ending on Friday night!

No comments: