Monday, August 17

The (almost hit) grody adventure of the (time-consuming) cleanse - DAY THREE

Finished my day 3 meals. The skinny:

WEIGHT LOST: 2.6 lb.

foodies:
-lemon water
-herbal detox tea
-oatmeal & almond milk
-basil cucumber lime apple juice
-blueberry raspberry almond milk smoothie
-sort-of super greens juice (1/2 a pear, 1/2 a cucumber, 1 lemon)
-1 pear

I sort of strayed from precise recipes, mixing raspberries with my blueberries for the smoothie, replacing celery with carrots in the super greens juice, and taking 1 pear out of the juice so I could eat it separately. I also skipped the coconut water again. If I ever drink that stuff, I will be amazed. But for the most part I am being amazingly responsible. I think knowing that I can go back to dairy on Saturday is a big part, but a lot of these new meal plans will stick with me. I could have one of these smoothies every day and be content.

Had a mini-scare this morning when I woke up, went to turn off my alarm and got dizzy and blacked out. I think I may have been a. super-hungry and b. sleeping very oddly/poorly since the lovely cat woke me up at 3:30am and threw me off. After that, I recovered and weighed in. Holy wow, I dropped 2lb since yesterday AM! I also dropped what looked like a box of crayons into the toilet. I haven't had any hunger pangs except for the usual "wow I really want a burger" or "taco bell sounds good about now." The things that I think about...tacos and pears.

Tomorrow's meals are all set - salad for lunch and chicken for dinner. I have some basil cucumber juice left from today to tide me over at work, and I am determined to wake up in time to make myself a smoothie before I leave. More to come tomorrow...

No comments: