Saturday, September 23

living on the mean streets.

Last night I was heading home from work and traffic was at a standstill within 3 blocks of my apartment, so I took the resourceful method and took some back roads to get to my usual parking street. Every day I look forward to receiving my mail, so I turned the corner anticipating credit card offers, Land's End catalogs and electric bills but unstead I found police tape. I tried to sneak under it, assuming there was a car accident and just blocked off the whole block. A police officer came up to me and said I couldn't cross the line, and that's when I saw the blood on my front steps. Another street-clothes wearin' cop suggested I go get some chinese food, since it might be a while. Not sure what to do, I walked down my block and saw my liquor store buddies locked inside their own shop, and all over the sidewalk were little cones, arrows and numbers - total CSI in progress.

I called Lissa to give her a heads up since she was on her way to my place, if she got stuck in traffic. Then I called Doug and we scoped out the whole scene and took photos. According to my liquor store pals, three girls got into a fight. One of them started getting stabby, and then another pulled out a machete. MACHETE. There was one girl in a cop car, and her friends later arrived and opened the door trying to bust her out.

I haven't seen anything online yet in police blotters, the cops referred to it as an "urban disagreement." Here are my exclusive phone-photos...


1 comment:

Caleb said...

That looks pretty wild, I need some excitement in my neck of the woods.