Tuesday, June 16

I'm gonna let it shine.

After giving two of the seven seedlings to their new foster mama, Sasha, I have moved my remaining five duders into their own larger homes. Today, after a bit of poking around, I came to the conclusion that I have the following:

POT 1: Tomatoes! They smell so darn good.
POT 2: Sunflowers! I didn't know what they were until I saw the soft thorns on the stems and did a bit of homework. They are probably the fastest growers right now.
POT 3: Carrots! Most likely, Sash agrees with me that they were leafy like the tops of carrots. If so, I need to thin these guys out FAST and put them into the ground or a bigger pot.
POT 4: Dill? The sprouts seem very frustrated right now with all the rain and not having a chance to dry out, so I hope they last long enough to give me a hint as to who they are.
POT 5: Spinach or rosemary. This is the biggest mystery pot of all. I will have to just wait and see.

I forget how fulfilling it is to grow little guys from seeds and check on them every morning and evening to see what's been going on since I last visited. These sunflowers blew me away, I can't wait to separate them into their own pots and give them to people as gifts. I just need to find the perfect spot for them, sunflowers will always turn themselves so they face the east.

Photos soon, it's too dark now. they need their rest. sshh...

No comments: