Monday, July 21

workin' my way back to you, babe.

Dear internet,

How can I stay mad at you? You bring me so many joys. Watching Pet Shop Boys videos via YouTube, reading the same 12 posts on the bridge9 board over and over every week, playing bingo for hours on end in the hope of one day actually winning $2. I can't think of any other place that I could fill my days with this much multimedia from the comfort of my own bed.

That being said, you've been fucking me over lately. I got really tired of you giving access of my life to people who I don't want to be part of the big picture. I got equally irritated with the constant reminders of the people who like to make me feel like I will never be good enough. But then I ask...good enough for what? For these trivial people? Hit the road.

And then there was that stupid glimmer of hope that you gave me, internet. Remember that? When you made me think that all guys aren't typical and thanks to your help, this was going to be something productive in my life? Way to drop the ball on THAT one, information superhighway.

Nonetheless, I need you in my life. A vice is a vice, and you are mine.

Welcome me back with open arms and I will be able to forget everything in the past. Until it comes back to slap me in the face.

Love you.

No comments: