Friday, May 9

an open letter to alcohol...

Dear booze,

This morning I woke up with the worst sour stomach I've had in ages. I don't get it - when did we get to this point in our relationship? I realize and will acknowledge that I haven't always been faithful. I prefer to think of it as variety, but I never consider the "quality over quantity" factor. Lately you make my sick to my stomach. I can't say that I haven't had these feelings in the past, but when they revisit me it just stays as a constant reminder of how blatantly cruel you can be.

Does it amuse you to make me into a social Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I invite people over, then sneak away from them and go to bed...who wants to be friends with a person who does that? I just took a long shower to try to wash away the memory of you. Unfortunately, I had a glass of milk before my shower, forcing a lovely vomit-induced reminder of how you really feel about dairy products.

I think it may be time for us to take a break from each other. We both know that I've said this before, and it may only last for a few months, weeks, days or hours, but I really need to re-evaluate our relationship and approach this from a new angle, with a clear mind and a full belly.

Now if you don't mind I am going to try to sleep this one off and hopefully not be reminded of things I broke - including promises.

No comments: